Whether you are a hunter, competition shooter, or range enthusiast, there are a couple optics that we all need to be as effective as possible (not including the optics on our firearms). A pair of binoculars can save you lengthy walks to check your targets and a laser rangefinder can verify the distance you are engaging. Nowadays, if you’re a rad manufacturer like SIG Sauer, they even making rangefinding binoculars. In fact, one of their newest optic releases is the SIG Sauer Kilo Canyon 10x42mm rangefinding binoculars.
SIG Sauer @ TFB:
The SIG Sauer Kilo Canyon 10x42mm rangefinding binoculars have an MSRP of $809.99 making them sound somewhat expensive on the surface, but you need to bear in mind you are getting two tools for one – laser rangefinder and binocular. The full specification listing can be read below as presented by SIG Sauer:
- 10×42 mm binocular with SpectraCoat™ anti-reflection coatings for superior light transmission and optical clarity
- Revolutionary Lightwave™ DSP Technology for the fastest and longest distance rangefinder engine
- Scan mode ranges and updates four times per second, and RangeLock reports the closes, furthest, or most recent range result.
- Ranging modes include: Line of Sight, Angle Modified Range, Ballistic Groups, and Archery Mode
- 8 onboard ballistic groups provide shooting solutions in either MOA or MRAD
- Archery Mode gives accurate shoot-to distances for up/down angle shots
- Range displayed in either yards or meters to one-tenth y/m resolution
- Red OLED illuminated display
- Rugged rubber armor with eyecup and diopter adjustment
Introducing SIG SAUER’S all-new CANYON™ RANGEFINDING BINOCULAR. Blending SIG’S experience in designing best-in-class laser rangefinder technologies with premium glass optics, The CANYON RANGEFINDING BINOCULAR provides a single feature-rich solution for every hunter and shooter. Leveraging the revolutionary Lightwave™ DSP technology, the CANYON RANGEFINDING BINOCULAR’S powerful rangefinder engine provides lightning-quick data out to 4,000 yards on reflective surfaces and 1,500 yards on non-reflective targets like deer and elk. Eight onboard ballistic groups provide shooting solutions in either MRAD or MOA, as well as SIG’s proprietary Archery Mode, the CANYON RANGEFINDING BINOCULAR brings accuracy to your fingertips in a split second. Its bright red OLED illuminated display makes it easy to read data no matter your environment, while SpectraCoat™ anti-reflective lens coatings provide superior light transmission and optical clarity. Gone are the days of ballistic charts taped to lens caps or rifle stocks. Lighten your load afield and let the CANYON RANGEFINDING BINOCULAR do your heavy lifting.
I’m never a fan of spending close to $1K on optics because in the day and age we now live in, “affordable” stuff is actually light years ahead of what our fathers used. So, anyone who is also raising their eyebrows about the $809.99 price tag on the Kilo Canyon, remember you are getting two products coupled into one. As always, let us know all of your thoughts in the Comments below! We always appreciate your feedback.
Source link: https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2023/08/18/sig-sauer-kilo-canyon/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=rss by Adam Scepaniak at www.thefirearmblog.com